Friday, November 18, 2011

My 30th Birtrhday Party

My husband organised a wonderful 30th birthday lunch which made me fall in love with him all over again. Why? Because I know he isn’t much of a birthday person so I knew that every little gesture was a huge one, from picking up cupcakes from my favourite bakery to booking a private room at a restaurant. I loved that my 30th wasn’t just full of one age group but a full range of ages from 4 week year old Jaide to 84 year old Gran. I realised how dynamic each friendship was and really had a moment of appreciation for them in my life.
I will let the pictures do the talking………


Robyn my wonderful baby sitter :)

Tony and mom

Avon's Gran

Kanya, Rachel and Katie

Me trying to act like I AM NOT 30

Kanya, Nos, Yvonne and Maita

The Momy and mommy-to-be corner ....Feeding time ....yummy! (Naomi, Kasamba, Kanya)

30 deliciouse cup cakes :)

My mom and sister had come up with the idea of having everyone describe me using the letter given to them on a close peg. It was so comforting to hear each word so I thought I better write them in my blog so that I never forget…..lets hope when I am 94 I will still carry these qualities:



A – Adorable and Admirable – Uncle Virgil

B – Beautiful and Bubbly – Aunty Charmaine

C- Creative, colourful, charming, Charismatic, Considerate and Caring Yvonne

D – Daring

E - Enthusiastic, Energetic Elegant – Rachel

F – Fierce and Fun – Kasamba

G- Gorgeous – Grorgia

H - Happy Honey – Gran/Gogo

L – Loving

J – Joyful – Mom

K – Kind – Jason

L – Life-giving Katie

M Marvellous Merry Mommy Ada

N – Nice and Naughty – Jacques

P – Passionate Maita

Q – Quizzical – Mlondi

R – Radiant Erica

R – Ravishing Nos

S – Sparkling Spirity (the Holy one) Smiley- Ryan

T - Terrific and thoughtful

U – Unique

V – Voluptuous –David

W – Wacky and Wonderful

X – Xavier – Reagan (coz this is the street when we first met)

Y -

Z –
But what reallly topped my birthday was this special gift from God.....A painting in the sky....check this picture out (taken on our way home after the birthday party)......isn't it so majestic:


 

THANK YOU LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment