A lot of the times I get asked if I am having any cravings yet and I don’t think so but there are certain things that make me go Yummmm more than before and at random moments. I don’t think they are necessarily cravings though because I don’t feel like I am going to die without them. But I must admit I enjoy eating them way more than normal. So I thought I would list them coz maybe one day I will look back and go Gosh how strange
1. BP Chilli Dogs:Yup strangely enough I suddenly enjoyed this faster food treat. I never thought I would drive to the petrol/gas station specifically for a Chilli Hot Dog…but I did it several times and would sit and eat them in the parking lot before I drove off. This excitement for hot dogs only lasted about a month.
2. Liquorice All sorts: I can dangerously eat a whole packet on my own. Something about the texture just makes me feel good.
3. Alphabet Jellies: these are from the sweets from heaven at Monte Casino. They are a lot like wine gums but much better in flavour and chewier. I buy large amounts of them and then have to get
Avon to hide them from me because I have no resistance when I start eating them. Someone said I maybe wanting the gelatine in the sweets which is made from Cow Hooves which may mean I want Calcium. I never thought I would crave a cows hooves but that person might be right because as soon as I started taking calcium supplements my itch to eat these sweets has dropped.
4. Rice Crispies: For about a week I ate rice crispies day and night. I was obsessed with them like a child that had just discovered a new cereal. I wondered why I never really enjoyed them as a kid…maybe it was the lack of sweetness. I thought the marketing strategy behind the SNAP, CRACKLE and POP was so innovative as I would listen to my cereal make the same noises.
5. Anything Green: I used to always love my veggies but now it is even more intense. I would judge a restaurant not by the actual meat portion or flavour but by how good their veggies were. Some nights I would just steam a whole head of broccoli for 10 minutes and eat it with cheese sprinkled on it. …Yummmm. If I was more energetic I would make a white sauce.
Avon hates broccoli but funny enough I think it is slowly growing on him just because he sees how much I enjoy it. Spinach is another total excitement for me. I have come up with so many different ways of cooking it and they are all different.
6. Hot Chilies During my first trimester I was loving the anything spicy. One of my Nigerian friends taught me how to make red pepper sauce with orange chillies. I began cooking everything with this sauce then I realised I was getting a bit too carried away with my chillies because
Avon could barely eat his food. Oops. So I toned it down a bit.
I don’t know if my great overall health is entirely linked to these foods or if it is the bonus of being pregnant. I have noticed that all of a sudden I have the best set of nails I have ever had in my whole entire life they are strong and white, not flaky and soft like before! My hair has started growing which is wonderful on the head but not on my face because I have to tweeze almost twice a week now. My skin has calmed down big time. I only have eczema on my hands and a little on my neck which is a great change form what I have been through. If it is the pregnancy wow I ain’t stopping at just one child and if it is this diet and the pregnancy supplements then I ain’t stopping taking them. I almost wish I had discovered this earlier.