Friday, June 24, 2011

Retrenchments are still Plan A to God

Retrenchment is never a great process to go through and how does one really deal with it? Just the sound of the word retrenchment makes me think of a deep trench – a trench of horrible things – depression, loss of hope, meaning and everything that is bad. But how do you deal with it when it is you that is going through the process? It really makes one question....is it really Gods Plan?

That unexpected wave of depression came over me when I found out that our company was retrenching people. Part of me was worried about my own job security and the other part of me was hurting for those who were getting retrenched – the single mothers, the single bread winners of a family, the heads of the family. I also felt sympathy for those who had to do the retrenchment - what do you say? How do you act? It was very logical why our company was doing this but can you really separate yourself form the emotions of it all? Can you really do retrenchments and say – its just business?  

K.K gave me this photo to add to my blog! Love you girl. 
Even though these emotions were eating at me, I was reassured about Gods Plan by my friend who was one of the most vulnerable of those being retrenched.  She is a single mom of three and had just come back from maternity leave. How was she going to support her family now? I thought about all our weekly prayer sessions we had had as friends and thought about how we prayed specifically for our company and for management and the decisions they make. And hearing this retrenchment news really made me think “But Lord were you listening to our prayers?” but I really think He is saying “I did listen to your prayers but are you listening to me? Can’t you see that I am answering them?” My friend simply put her situation like this – “Kanya there is no plan B in Gods books, there is only a Plan A. He will get me though this process better than any trial he has ever given me.”  My friend has already got a call for a number of interviews and we have faith that whatever is to come...  is GOOD.

So although I am staying in this company, for now,  I want to hold onto my friends testimony of Gods Plan. Her courage, strength and confidence in Gods plan must not be forgotten and I think it taught management about the power of trusting God. Although I will miss her dearly I know it was all Plan A. We really should keep our focus on God and his plan and not on the things of this world, no matter how bad the change is.  How we deal with change is such an important thing on how we move forward with our lives and the Blessings to come. Never forget that God works all things for the good of those who love Him…..All things – even Retrenchments.

No comments:

Post a Comment