Friday, August 31, 2012

Baby Meal 1


Before I became a mother I used to day dream of all the fun meals I would put together for my child. I was one of those mom’s who believed I would never feed my child purity. But life caught up with me pretty fast and before I knew it I was feeding my child the very same food I resented…..well this was until a month ago.

During life group one of my good friends told me how she has put together all different kinds of meals for her 10month old and had frozen it. When I saw how neatly she had put her meals together in freezer bags I got a huge feeling of guilt. My poor Kayla had been eating purity for the past month and she could have had the option of real food. I think my friend sensed the lousy feeling so she loaned me her baby Food cook book!

The very next day I was in my kitchen cooking up a storm for Kayla. I didn’t realise how much fun it was cooking food for her and how easy it was. I would cook up a meal – pure it and freeze it in ice cube trays. The bonus was that Kayla loved my cooking. Her appetite just shot right up. Even I would enjoy tasting her food.

So I thought I would share one of my remixed easy baby meals:

Lentils and Sweet Potatoes Mush
Quarter of an onion
Bit of garlic (optional)
2 large sweet potatoes
1 carrot
1 tomato
½ cup soaked red lentils
1 grated apple
½ cup Stock
½ cup water.

  1. Fry onions and a dash of garlic in olive oil
  2. Add remaining ingredients
  3. Simmer till potatoes are cooked through. Add more water if the dish begins to dry up.
  4. Cool and then blend with a puree machine.

Switch it up:
You can switch this meal up by adding cooked boiled meat or chicken instead of lentils.
Another easy one is:
Eggy Bread.
Mix breast milk or formula with one egg, Soak bread and fry in butter.
This is very handy when you want her to feed herself. Plus she gets her protein.
If you have any cool and easy baby meals please do share.

No comments:

Post a Comment