Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bloody Diet??

While Avon was watching Formula one I thought I would entertain myself in reading a book “Eat Right for Your Blood Type.” As most of you know I believe I am allergic to everything. My eczema (body rash) flares up at very odd times in a month and it nearly drives me mad. So I thought this book would help me figure out somethinhg.

Strangely enough this book dives into the history of our blood. I never thought that our blood actually has a history which dates way back to like the hunter and gatherer phases. The author links the diets of the people in those ages to the blood types and then gives guidelines for what to eat and what not to eat now.

Yes I am sure some of you are like “whatever!” but as I began to read about my blood type I started to understand why I react the way I do. For example it says Blood type Bs should AVOID SHELL FISH. Hello guys!!! Don’t you remember my honeymoon blog where I reacted like no mans business to CRAB. Then as I read on – I should also avoid tomatoes. Sho and since I was a kid I have been avoiding tomatoes because it is the number one skin reactor for me. This book was like God sent, till I read avoid CHICKEN. ‘What, that is like the only thing I really eat!” I said in my mind. Apparently Chicken causes some reaction in my body which makes me tired. So I searched THE GOOGLE to confirm it and I found the following “Chicken contains a Blood Type B agglutinating lectin in its muscle tissue. Although chicken is a lean meat, the issue is the power of an agglutinating lectin attacking your bloodstream and the potential for it to lead to strokes and immune disorders.” YIKES!!!! Scary stuff ha. Now what am I suppose to eat? Well from my research lamb, mutton, Venison, and Rabbit. That leaves me with ONLY LAMB because I can’t find most of the others in regular food stores let alone cook them. Eish!

I am not sure if I will fully avoid The CHICKEN, but I will consider the weight loss tip. Apparently foods like Corn, Wheat, peanuts, lentils, sesame seeds and tomatoes, affect Blood Type B insulin levels which can cause one to increase weight. I mean LENTILS GUYS, these are legumes that are pushed in any health book…imagine if I went on a Lentil and tomatoes diet and this whole blood type diet thing is true – I would then put on weight and really wonder what am I doing wrong. “I mean I am eating healthy right?”…but Jack I am not going to test it though. lol.

But it is food for thought. Who knows if it is all ture...just gotta try.

No comments:

Post a Comment