Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Letters to Kayla: You at 6 months old

Dear Kayla,

Gosh you are fast approaching your 6month birthday and I can’t even begin to describe how much you have developed and transformed into such a gorgeous little person. 
Grampa Howard says you are so photogenic!

I thought I would miss out on so much having gone to work but every day you show me a new development as if you are doing it for the first time. You are now reaching for things, it all started with the simple reaching for a toy and now you are reaching for my glass when I am drinking, my banana when I am eating, the packet of spinach when I am packing food away. You get fascinated by the sound, taste, texture each item brings and your eyes just say “Mommy I have to touch that, I just gotta know what it THAT thing is?” Your curiosity brings such a joy to my heart.

Our family has finally got into a workable routine and you have just fitted in like you have been there all along. You love the routine but never fuss if we have to change something here or there. You are definitely a morning girl. Dad says during the week you can talk to yourself for a good 30mintues before you want any attention. I wonder what you are thinking – Are you telling Teddy-F1 about your dreams? Are you talking to God or the angels that surround you? You have such an anticipating personality – Your eyes are always open wide as if you don’t want to miss out on A THING! Daddy says you kick your legs and get excited when he drops you off at your wonderful day mom…which makes me happy because that is exactly what you do when I come to pick you up.

As much as I love holding you and being with you 247 I have also learnt to release you, although it wasn’t easy. I remember getting upset when a youth who wanted to hold you during one church service. All I could think about was I only get to be with you on weekends can’t I just hold my own child please!!!! I know that sounds so selfish of me and I felt quite guilty afterwards. Coz really Kayla you are not mine at all you are God’s child...and God reminded me about the blog I wrote on “SIAM the unknown Gift!” Kayla you are a gift, a God given gift to everyone who holds you and meets you, and I needed to be reminded of that. So I let people hold you more and see how their faces light up in your presence, I keep a close eye on you tho, just to monitor your tolerance levels because I know too many faces can be too much for your little character to take in. It can be even too much for mommy to handle too.

Family photo
You are probably wondering how Daddy and I are doing with all the changes (you, mommy working, daddy working, ect)? Well it has been an adjustment for us and we are also learning as we go along. But honestly if God wasn’t at the top of it all I think we would be really struggling to keep everything together. God’s Grace has given us that patience to support each other, to listen, to be sensitive to each others needs, to laugh, to face our fears, to open up with our frustrations, to forgive when we struggle to, ….God truly is amazing and I want you to always remember that.

Well my angel mom needs to get going. I love you inside out. Till next time keep smiling and shining your light

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment