Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sneak Preview to the Secret Competition

So every now and again I love to enter random competitions…I do it just to spice up my life. Sometimes I win and either way, it’s always a whole lotta fun – some competitions you will just laugh at me for entering …but this competition is worth blogging about because it evolved into something.

About 5 months ago a friend of mine recommended I enter the Essentials “You Are Amazing!” competition. The Magazine is catered to young, hip mothers of all races and all walks of life. For this competition you had to write in under 500 words why you think you are amazing. And guess what!? If you win you get to be a cover girl for their magazine. Now I ain’t going to lie - being on the cover of a magazine is a bit of a fantasy of mine. Call me vain or self centred but it is just one of those things I’ve always wanted. …So I thought WHY NOT?....even though at the time I was the largest I had ever been in my life. SO WHAT! Large and proud I entered the competition…with the help of my wonderful sister maita.

On a random maternity leave after noon, maita and I sat for probably 2 hours trying to figure out how to tell Essentials Magazine that I was amazing. I didn’t think it would be difficult but I really struggled with trying not to sound boastful and self centred. Why don’t you try write down why you are so amazing in 500 words?...........

No go ahead DO IT! NOW! ….stop reading this blog and write down why you think you are so amazing! It may just help you with your self-esteem! I think this is what Essentials really wanted to achieve – To try and help women to see themselves as amazing women and in turn ignite a sense of confidence in them to push for their dreams.

I know you are probably wondering what I eventually said? Well after a whole lot of frustrating typos and paragraphs I decided to write exactly how I normally write in my blogs. …which is really the essence of who I think I am. ….Readers I hope you have written yours before you read on…..

So here is my exact entry form and photos (one headshot and one full length photo):

Don't Ask why I posed with a Garden Fork!
Name: Kanyadzo Middleton

Age: 30

Height: 1.64m

Top size: M

Bottom size: 36 (gosh haven't bought clothes since I gave birth a month ago>>> so hope that is right)

Shoe Size: 6

I know I am amazing but gosh how do I tell Essentials this? Maybe I should say I am amazing because I am a charismatic, contagious-energy type, crazy 30 year old who chooses to embrace every aspect of life, the good, the bad, the ugly?… or how about …I am amazing because I have a masters degree, or that I married the man of my dreams or the fact that I once took the time to listen to a complete strangers story which turned our lives around for the better? Mmmmm, I got it! Essentials what really makes me amazing is giving birth naturally to my first daughter (a month ago), with no medication! Heck if you know the pain of child birth…I think that’s pretty amazing. For details check out my blog www.kanyadzo.blogspot.com. Nah these are all insignificant amazingnesses (ya that is a word) because honestly speaking I am amazing because God created me to his perfection….Tada, that is totally amazing.

Me trying to be natural!




Thanks Essentials I feel amazing.

Kanya

________________________________________

I can’t tell you if I won or what I won as yet…..but I can tell you that something exciting did happen and for a Hint you gotta turn to page 82 of the April 2012 issue of Essentials! The details will be revealed towards the end of April 2012!!!! Whatch the Shelves for the May issue of Essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment