Thursday, May 19, 2011

The End of the World?

So the other day my mom just mentioned in passing “have you seen the signs declaring May 21st as the end of the world?” I hadn’t seen the signs but I had heard bits and pieces here and there about people declaring that the end of the world was going to take place sometime this year.

But it really got me thinking “What if it was the end of the world?” I mean what if it was all true and we were all walking around as if nothing has changed. What if God was taking his chosen people up to Heaven and all those who remain will suffer? What if? Maybe that Carte Blanch episode on Solar flairs was a sign that this world will get blown into smithereens.

So I embarked on a serious conversation with God ...which went something like this:
Kanya: But God couldn’t you just tell me when exactly the world was going to end? Couldn’t you just give me a sign, just so I could prepare myself?
God: What preparations are you talking about My Dear Kanya? Are you going to make sure your bags are packed? That you have saved up enough budget?
Kanya: You’re funny…I am just saying if it really is the end of the world then what really matters. My job, my house, my car are really all pointless really?
God: But you knew this already Kanya. I don’t know why you are getting scared now. It has been written that this day will come. I have always told you to be prepared always.
Kanya: Ya but I want to be prepared-prepared! You know like make sure I have said a really awesome prayer asking for forgiveness and then do something spectacular like give all my money away to a good cause just to show you that I am a Good person and deserve to go to heaven. Oh and I will make sure I have read my Bible too.
God: Kanya we have been over this and over this….it isn’t about your good works that get you to Heaven! No good deed or money giving will cover your sins only the blood of Jesus.  Remember I sent Jesus Christ to die for your sins. …everyone’s sins. That’s how bad your sin of the world was!
Kanya: But my sins weren’t so bad. Like I haven’t killed anyone or stolen a car or anything.
God: Sin is sin no matter how bad you think it is, it is the same to me.
Kanya: I know Lord but sometimes I just get confused. I really don’t understand how it can be so simple as believing in Christ?
God: Jesus died not so you could keep on sinning. He died to save you from the Guilt and Power of sin. Don’t you remember how you were before you met me?
Kanya: Eek ya I was probably on the road to hell …..to a certain degree of course. Sin had dominion over me. Lets just say I am super glad I found you J it was like I was made new. But sometimes I just don’t feel good enough.
God: That’s your human nature kicking in again. Had you not believed in Jesus Christ…. you and I would not be having this conversation right now or any conversation. You have come along way Kanya. Don’t stop believing in me and following me. You should be prepared for the end of the world at all times! Who says you are even going to live till then.
Kanya: Brrrr you are right…I am acting like I am going to live forever. I love you God and Shot for sending your Son Jesus J! What a guy!

1 comment:

  1. im kinda scared some people say the world wil end at 2012 but basically god knows

    ReplyDelete