Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Meeting a S.A Survivor!!!

After watching last weeks episode of Survivor South Africa, Maldives, I really thought wow imagine what it would be like to be in the Final 2 of survivors! I mean you would have to have put up with a whole lot of characters, environments and emotional turmoil...and to top it all up YOU COULD BE A MILLIONAIRE! Well last night at the VWs 60th anniversary I had the wonderful opportunity of chatting with Letshego who is one of the final 2 left in S.A Survivors.

Letshego and Hykie....The hungry look!
As soon as I met Letshego I could tell that Survivor really took a toll on her body. In person she looked nothing like what she looked like in the final days on the island. She now had meat to her bones and face and her smile was real…You know guys there is a difference between a Hungry smile and a Not Hungry smile and the latter was evident that evening! Later on that evening Letshego pulled out a photo of how she looked when she first got back and I stared at the photo in bewilderment! She raised an interesting scenario which we TV viewers don’t think about – explaining where you have been and why you look the way you do?. She said, “Imagine having to go to work straight after doing survivor??? I mean first of all no body knows where in the world you have been because you are sworn into secrecy…and a month later you just rock up back at work looking as sick as a dog.” In my mind I could just picture how us Africans would evaluate it all because….we always jump to the HIV Aids conclusion. I could picture ladies bickering in the office print room, lets call them Josephine and Margaret. Margaret would take the lead and say “Ya you see her eyes…. that is what gives it away. I am telling you Josephine she has it.. IVirus!” and Josephine would reply with a question/answer “Serious?” which always comes back with a sure confirmation that the truth is spoken “Serious!”  and Josephine and Margaret would walk away feeling like the truth was spoken. For me those are the moments when you wish you could catch people in full on gossip and enjoy how tables turn as they realise that YOU WERE ON SURVIVOR and COULD BE A MILLIONAIR!!!! I would walk in and quit my job because I wouldn’t have to put up with my lousy boss and hop into my cash paid VW CC lol…(FYI I enjoy my current job and boss…remember people this is just a random Kanya day dream)

Letshego and Kanya at the VW 60th Anniversary (Not hungry smile)
Unlike me and my boastful day dream Letshego had a humble vibe around her. It’s 3 days before Letshego actually knows if she is going to win or not but her oar is as calm as ever. Not in an arrogance way but more like a peace about what is to come. Which I liked because now everything is in the hands of the public vote! That would really make me anxious. It is either a Million Rands or BA (NOTHING). She said when she went into the game she went in as Letshego and she was going to come out as Letshego no matter what. I think this is a quality a lot of people loose as soon as the lights, camera and action hits! What I saw while chatting to her was exactly what I saw on TV , honest, smart and true to who she really is, and I got a strong sense that on Friday morning when she wakes up she would be the same Letshego with or without the Million.

So given that you know what I think about Letshego here is what you need to do coz time is running out:

Cast your vote via SMS or MXit. Send the name of your favourite contestant (in our case it is Letsego) to 37177. You can vote up to 100 times at the cost of R1.50 per SMS. VAS rates apply and you can't use free minutes. 

FYI – I am not getting paid for this, I just met Letshego last night and liked what I saw and felt so decided to do a blog on it J

No comments:

Post a Comment